Jazz Improvisation Workshops
Learn to Improvise - New for 2019!
Sunday 27 January 2019
Sir Thomas Rich’s School.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED - SORRY
Explore and develop your jazz improvising skills with other keen musicians in a concentrated one-day workshop.
* Professional jazz tutors.
* Open to anyone who can read notated music and follow chord symbols.
* Youth, adult, beginner - advanced musicians (limited capacity for rhythm section)
* Learning improvising skills through a range of activities:
* Work on your style, feel, interpretation and interaction skills
* Jazz listening and understanding put into practice!
* Using theory (chords, harmony, scales, cycle of 5ths)
* A concluding performance.
* £30 per musician per day (£15 bursaries available) and FREE for GM staff.
Sign Up here to secure your place here
Handy PDF with info and times here
Another workshop is booked for Sunday 9th June so please put the date in your diary.